Saturday, September 15, 2007

I've been playing with the idea of starting my own blog for a while now, but it just seemed like there were already so many craft blogs out there that little old me would get lost in the shuffle. And then, I took a closer look at all of those craft blogs that I had only skimmed before and slowly I began to notice a pattern. While there were a few that were brimming with great information, there were also untold numbers of those that had page after page after page all about crafting for children and babies with only intermittent posts of any value to someone as myself whose life does not revolve around having kids. The more I looked, the more the child based blogs seemed to outweigh the helpful. And then I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few supplies to finish some projects and the woman checking me out asked me if I was going to be doing these projects with my kids. I'm twenty-two... in order for me to have a kid old enough to be working with the perler beads I was getting I would have had to pop one out in high school. And so my mind was finally made up. I'm not expecting to become a bastion of childfree crafting by any means, but the opportunity to reach out and meet other people on the internet who enjoy crafting without having to take into consideration little hands and interuptions for "Mommy, come play with us" seemed like a good enough reason as any for me to start writing this blog.

Hi, my name is Anne and I'm a childfree crafter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm Piper and I'm also a childfree crafter. And artist.

Trashmaster46 said...

Hi, I'm bladerunner and I'm also a childfree crafter. You can find my blathering at bldrnrpdx @ livejournal.